kaye

The Book Thief
Trudy White, Markus Zusak
Battling Boy
Paul Pope

Evermore (Immortals Series #1)

Evermore - Alyson Noel I have to say that I liked this book as a whole. Overall the story was interesting and it was something that once I started reading I wanted to finish all at once, so the pacing was good. However, there were a lot of things that I've seen done over and over again in YA lit that bothered me a bit:1. Instashipping. It wasn't quiiiite as instashipping as, say, Hereafter, but it was still very much present.2. Damen, before we knew too much about him, was slightly overbearing. I had a big issue with this and although it smoothed itself out later, it still made me uneasy until then.3. Haven and Miles could have been amazing secondary characters, but were instead a bit too stereotypical - although I loved that Haven had a thing for going to support groups. It was an odd quirk, but it stood out.I wanted to know more about, well, everyone. Damen, Miles, Drina. I like these characters as they are (well, except for Drina!) but they weren't as three-dimensional as they could have been. Just a tad more and I would have cringed when I saw her name on the page instead - an appropriate reaction toward an antagonist, at least for me.Everything said, I did enjoy this book and I will be reading the sequel, although I hope some of these things are touched up! Good first book of a series.